Sunday, August 14, 2011

Just another day of Life...

Well no calls from the college adviser and no calls returned either. Classes start Monday. I guess not for me though. I will be calling first thing in the morning to see if I can still get in.

I had two moments of panic today both within 5 min. One with Val leaving and one with where the money will flow from when we run low. Mark has this theory and I am not sure I am on board with it all the time. He worries about things when he needs to...Me on the other hand...I am a planner, I need to know everything is where it needs to be so I don't worry.

I guess if I am not going to class I need to find a part time job - feels like I am back to where I was. LOL. I had a moment of "did I make the wrong decision" but This too shall pass.

I joked with a coworker (when i was working) that when Val left for college I would be a crying mess...Oh Lord...today the mere mention of her not being here had the tears flowing. I know this too shall pass but until it does, Puffs and I will be close friends. LOL. I am going to enjoy this week with her and try my best to not blubber everywhere Saturday while we are moving her in. Positive thinking!

The other thing that is bothering me is, I really only have a few close friends and a couple of them are moving (and have moved). You think I would be used to this from when we were in the military. But then again, we were the ones leaving and this time, the moving truck is on the other side and I am left here. I guess this is where Valerie gets it from - I am slow to make friends and when I do, they are forever. I feel like by the time I am close they leave or I do. Most people can't believe I am not an outgoing person...it isn't easy for me to be that. Over the years, my husband's friends usually were mine too (their spouse) and over the years we now have his friends and my friends. No our friends really...there is one couple that we go to dinner with once a month. I am sure this will pass too.

I am just having a blah moment tonight so don't mind me LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment